Tips to help you with your online holiday shopping.
Take a look at these online holiday shopping tips that will help you have a stress-free holiday shopping experience.
- Start early! It is especially important to start sooner rather than later. If you wait until the last minute, you’ll pay a lot more for express or overnight shipping.
- Go online! It’s so easy to compare prices and features online so why not start there. Plus you don’t have to worry about traffic, crowds, long lines, and parking.
- Have everything handy! Make sure your credit cards and address book are near you when you start to shop.
- Read all of the information about products before you add them to your cart. Zoom in on product pictures. View all angles of the product. Read all of the product information. Read customer reviews. Double check that you’ve selected the correct color.
- Check shipping deadlines. Make sure you know if your gifts will arrive on time before you purchase. Check not only the estimated delivery date of your purchase, but also the last day you can place orders and still have them arrive on time. The last day to order for standard shipping and arrival by Christmas is December 17.
- Find out about return policies. eBags, for instance, has a Free Returns policy.
- Double check your order. Before you click the Place My Order button, make sure you check the shipping and billing information, credit card number, and products.
- Keep records of your order details including order number and tracking number. Print order confirmation emails and place them in a file folder. In the unlikely event you need to contact customer care, you have the information you need right at your fingertips.
- Track your spending. If you’re sticking to a budget, be sure to write down what you’ve spent after each purchase to make sure you stay within your limits.
- Buy yourself something! While holiday shopping is almost always about giving gifts to others, don’t be afraid to treat yourself to something.