If you find yourself planning a late winter or spring trip, here are 7 carry-on travel essentials to help in the packing department. The key to traveling like a pro is to only carry what’s necessary, and to carry them in an organized way, leaving more room in your bag to carry your favorite magazines, snacks, and last minute airport shopping finds.
1) Oversized Scarves– A great oversized scarf will complete your outfit and double as a small blanket or pillow during your in-flight slumber. This double duty item beats using those questionable polyester airplane blankets any day.
2) Noise Cancelling Headphones– Block out cabin noise with a pair of quality noise cancelling headphones. You no longer have to crank up the volume to overcome background noise and enjoy your audio experience uninterrupted.
3) 2-in-1 Electronic Cases– Choose an iPad and tablet case with extra pockets so you can store your essential credit cards, ID, passport and travel documents all in one convenient place. You’ll save yourself the trouble of having to rummage through your bag while waiting in those long airport lines.
4) Small Packing Cubes– Packing cubes are a great way to keep your miscellaneous items organized within your bag and easier to find. Keep your electronic cords in one cube and important toiletry items in another.
Our Pick: eBags Small Packing Cubes – 3pc Set
5) Hydrating Products– Make sure to pack yourself a travel sized bottle of your favorite moisturizer, lip balm, and eye drops. The circulating air while flying can really leave your skin and eyes feeling dry, so make sure to pack these must-haves and you’re sure to beat that jetlag look.
6) Portable Battery Chargers– Constant use of your electronic items while traveling can easily drain your battery levels fast. Conveniently sized portable battery chargers are a simple solution item to have on hand for those that are tech savvy.
Our Pick: myCharge Peak 6000
7) All-Purpose Emergency Kit– Put together a kit of essential travel sized health items for last minute convenience. An unexpected splitting headache is the last thing you would want to sit through while traveling so pack small packets of pain relievers along with allergy medicine, motion sickness medicine, tissues, band aids, moist towelettes, Airborne or Emergen-C packets, etc.
Our Pick: Minimus Dorm Medicine Chest