Product and Tips to Avoid Pickpockets while Traveling
Aside from always being aware of your surroundings and avoiding less populated streets during late hours, there are a few other ways to make sure your money, jewelry and sanity are in check when abroad.
- Invest in an RFID blocking handbag, wallet, backpack or crossbody bag. These block pickpockets using radio frequency identification (RFID) technology from scanning your purse or wallet and collecting your credit card info- see complete product lists below.
- Men carrying wallets should always keep them in their front pockets.
- Crossbody bags are a better option for women who prefer purses as opposed to backpacks while traveling- never hang your bag over the side of your chair.
- Keep electronics like camera bags and laptop bags on your lap or in between your feet with the strap wrapped around the leg of your chair.
- On crowded subways and trains, position your backpack to lay on the front of your chest as opposed to draped over your shoulders.
- Make copies of your passport and carry the copies with you- leave your real passport in your hotel room’s safe. Likewise, make copies of your credit cards in case they should be stolen. This way you have all of the information to quickly call and cancel your cards.
Travelon Front Pocket Hobo with RFID Blocking – EXCLUSIVE