OK, based on my criteria in my previous post, I figure I better post some of the packs I see as being college ready. Most of these backpacks can be used by both guys and girls, depending on color. So don’t think they only come in the colors you see in the pictures. Here we go.
1. The North Face Surge 2 – This is the updated model of one of the top rated packs by eBags users! The Surge 2 features a zippered dedicated laptop pocket, making it super easy to get to your laptop. It also sports stash pockets, side water bottle pockets, and a dedicated neoprene tablet sleeve (new for the updated version). Basically, this pack fits every one of my criteria for an awesome college backpack, which is why it made the list!
2. The Dakine Campus Pack LG – As the name claims, this pack is specially suited for campus use. Inside, the backpack has a padded laptop sleeve, making getting your laptop out easy. My favorite feature is the packs insulated cooler pocket, perfect for taking whatever beverages you chose to class or elsewhere! Finally, the Campus Pack LG had a fleece lined pocket for sunglasses and electronics. All in all, this pack has some awesome one of a kind features, making it of the top college backpack picks!
3. The High Sierra Access Laptop Backpack– For those of us who splurged on a 17” screen laptop, it’s sometimes hard to find a backpack that will accommodate such a computer. Well look no further. Not only does the Access have a huge padded computer sleeve, but it also sports features like a water resistant rain hood, pocket with headphone port, and hidden side water bottle pocket. All of these features make the Access one of the best college backpacks around.
4. The OGIO Renegade RSS 17 Pack – This is another pack capable of holding both a laptop and tablet/iPad/eReader. With killer features like a quick access phone pocket, padded digital camera pocket, and integrated foam panels for protecting your electronics, this bag is perfect for the college student who loves gadgets.
5. The Patagonia Refugio Pack – Not only does this backpack feature a large main compartment, but it also features a laptop sleeve that is raised off the ground to protect your computer from impact. Other features include a zippered stash pocket for quick access to essentials, exterior lash points, a micro-fleece lined pocket for sunglasses, and water bottle pockets. This pack can truly take anything a college kid can throw at it.
Learn more and start shopping for college backpacks.