Have you started thinking about where you’re going or taking the family for Spring or Summer Break? Here are some small things to remember that will make a huge impact in the good ole’ bank account when booking your next flight.
Travel Tip #1 Rule of Thumb – Buy your airline tickets 6-8 weeks out. Shop early, but don’t always always buy early. Airlines start offering cheaper seats about 4 months before departure (5 months for international).
Things to also concider:
- Sunday is the most expensive day to travel.
- Prices change up to 3x per day.
- Sign-Up for email alerts on your most preferred airlines for lower prices.
- Prices rise quickly the week of the flight, and you’ll pay on average 40% more for a ticket.
- Most discount tickets sales are offerered early in the week. (Monday & Tuesday)
- Don’t make it your goal to the least expensive seat on the plane- aim for below the average price.
- Buy Tuesday & Wednesday – Fly Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday.
- Holiday Travel is an exception. BUY those tickets early!
Image Source : Google