When To Buy Airline Tickets
Have you started thinking about where you’re going or taking the family for Spring or Summer Break? Here are some small things to remember that will make a huge impact in the good ole’ bank account when booking your next flight.
Travel Tip #1 Rule of Thumb - Buy your airline tickets 6-8 weeks out. Shop early, but don’t always always buy early. Airlines start offering cheaper seats about 4 months before departure (5 months for international).
Things to also concider:
- Sunday is the most expensive day to travel.
- Prices change up to 3x per day.
- Sign-Up for email alerts on your most preferred airlines for lower prices.
- Prices rise quickly the week of the flight, and you’ll pay on average 40% more for a ticket.
- Most discount tickets sales are offerered early in the week. (Monday & Tuesday)
- Don’t make it your goal to the least expensive seat on the plane- aim for below the average price.
- Buy Tuesday & Wednesday - Fly Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday.
- Holiday Travel is an exception. BUY those tickets early!
Image Source : Google
No related posts.